Prime Minister David Cameron announced in February 2014 that the Government have committed to funding for the Primary PE and Sport Premium to 2020. We are supporting the sustainability of this funding by using it to purchase quality resources that will have a long life span. We have invested much into staff training and the use of sports coaches alongside our teaching assistants and teachers to develop their PE skills. The pupils have attended learning community events and again these have given staff extra skills which can continue to be used. The different areas of PE staff development have been shared across the two schools within the original Pebblebed Heath Federation. Sports Funding is allocated to schools based on the number of children on roll (in Years 1-6), plus an additional flat rate. It has been indicated that schools will receive this funding for the foreseeable future.
The funding has been allocated for academic years rather than financial years.
The aim of promoting PE and School Sport is to:
• increase participation in physical activity
• make physical activities inclusive to all
• develop pupils’ lifelong love of sport and healthy wellbeing
• develop self-esteem and confidence
• promote positive behaviours and raise attainment
• train staff to develop expertise in the teaching of PE and School Sport.