We had a visit from the Devon Fire & Rescue Service who spoke to us about their work and how we can keep ourselves safe. We learned lots about the importance of smoke alarms.
Our Year three class have loved creating their own stories about a rubbish dump, they changed our original character Timmy Tin Can in to one of their own and then wrote about his time at a dump. They all worked so hard and even had a go at inventing their own invention out of tin cans. We had toy dogs, cats, rockets and even a cake!
Safer Internet Day will be celebrated globally on Tuesday 6th February 2018 with the slogan “Create, Connect and Share Respect: A better internet starts with you”. With mobile technology is expanding so quickly, keeping safe online is a key area for everyone. The main messages for the children are:
- Support others
- Be kind and respectful
- Check before you share
- Share positively
- Ask for help
As part of their learning, the chidlren in Key Stage 2 have created posters.
It is also another useful opportunity review our Acceptable User Agreements which outline the strategies we use to keep safe online at school:
- I will ask a teacher or suitable adult if I want to use the computers/ipads
- I will only use activities that a teacher or suitable adult has told or allowed me to use
- I will take care of the computer and other equipment
- I will ask for help from a teacher or suitable adult if I am not sure what to do or if I think I have done something wrong
- I will tell a teacher or suitable adult if I see something that upsets me on the screen
- I know that if I break the rules I might not be allowed to use a computer
Looking for further information? Why not visit www.thinkuknow.co.uk to find a range of information about keeping yourself or a child you know safe from child sexual exploitation.
Well done and thank you to our kitchen staff, led by Vanessa Land our Kitchen Manager, who prepared a superb Christmas dinner for all the children in school. We’re extremely proud of the school dinners at Littleham; as a Food for Life school we ensure that meals are fresh, nutritionally balanced and today was no exception. What a celebration it was, with the odd cracker joke too!